Machine Roomless Elevators
The Machine Roomless Elevator utilizes a gearless machine, ropes, and a counterweight. The main guide rails are mounted on the side of the elevator car and two additional guide rails are mounted on one side or the rear for the counterweight. The gearless machine is mounted inside the hoistway. Machine roomless elevators are an economical and intelligent alternative to typical traction elevator systems.
- Newest of all elevator technologies.
- No risk of oil contamination.
- For hydraulics, no jack hole required.
- Has a greater efficiency than a typical geared traction application.
- Superior performance to that of a typical geared traction application.
- Flexible elevator location and layout.
- Superior building efficiency.
- No machine room which allows more productive & rentable building space.
- Substantially higher material cost than hydraulic applications.
- Elevator maintenance costs are generally higher, but save cost to construct traditional machine room
- Depending on the authority, jurisdiction code issues may arise.